Tuesday, February 23

Reading Too Many Books

I wish I could say I was one of those people who just read too many books. Pfft, like there is such a thing.

I'm not one a reader who can get through a multitude of books every week or month or year.

I am someone who gets tempted by a new book and starts reading it, before I have finished the other books I've already started.

It's not unusual for someone to ask me, "So, what have you been reading lately?" only to have me run off the names of seven books, most of which I am only a few chapters into. It's not a great habit.

I can't tell you how many library fines I have piled up because I was pompous enough to think I could read all the books I took out, and then too stubborn to send them back before I was finished with them. I'm a little more lenient now...but I still rack up the costs.

So I'm trying to tell myself, "No, Keri. No more books. First you have to finish the one you have started, no matter how delicious another one might seem." Hmph. Why can't I be a more efficient reader?

Do you find yourself eager to pick up multiple books at once? Or do you have to tackle one at the time?

No comments: