Friday, December 6

New Fully Illustrated Editions of Harry Potter

The Harry Potter novels instilled a magic in me that has never died down. I love my copies of the seven book series...but I'm already making  room on my shelf for seven more.

No, J.K. Rowling isn't releasing seven more books in the Harry Potter universe. Awesome as that would be - especially if they starred Albus Dumbledore in his earlier years - Bloomsbury has announced that they will be republishing the beloved series with full colour illustrations by Jim Kay.

Now I will be quick to admit that I think the new Scholastic covers which are illustrated by Kazu Kibuishi are amazing. However, I'm an unapologetic snobby purest and Bloomsbury UK is the only English text of Harry Potter for me.

Bloomsbury tweeted out a sneak peek at Kay's illustrations alongside the depictions of him we know and love from the original editions of the series. From the look of it I definitely don't think I'll be disappointed.

The new editions will be released annually, with 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone' set to be published in September of 2015. I can only guess at how full of illustrations the books will be or their cost but...such pondering seems frivolous.

I couldn't be more excited to see more of Jim Kay's illustrations and eagerly await the publications date. What are your thoughts on the news?

1 comment:

Emma Michaels said...

WOOOOO! Jeez, love the preview!