- Adventures in space
- Time travel
- Inter-species relations
- The future
- Vastly developed technologies
A lot of people think they know what science fiction is. It's something farfetched but plausible because it doesn't have to exist within the limits of our reality, only the boundaries of a future or alternative one. Basically, anything goes. It probably involved aliens or robots. Since science fiction or "sci-fi" can prove very popular with the male sex, it will also involve plenty of fighting.
Like fantasy, science fiction is pigeon-holed and stereotyped by many.
This is my definition of what science fiction really is:
Fiction which incorporates the use of science in a prominent way.
A few more examples of what science fiction might be:
- Genetic modification
- Man-made cures and illnesses
- Technologies to destroy and improve the environment
- Study of nature v.s. nurture
- Chemicals or technologies that give progressive abilities or "super-powers"
How do you define science fiction?